The Outdoor Room is Heating Up!
Your own personal vacation spot can be as near as outside your backdoor. Warm temperatures, bright blue skies, and sunny days are luring you outside. And if you’re planning to do any of your eating, entertaining, or lounging out there, then it’s time to rethink how that area looks and feels.
- Examine how you entertain inside your home, then translate that into what you create in your outdoor room.
- The site can be covered or not, and used for purposes much like the rooms of the home: cooking, dining, relaxing and entertaining.
- Use outdoor lighting to enhance flowering plants and bushes, shimmering water from in-ground pools, fountains, artwork and sculptures.
- Use colorful accessories such as decorative cushions and shade products, or define spaces with outdoor area rugs.
- With earthy fabrics and an opulent fireplace, a patio can be warm and inviting. A functional patio design features a place to dine, gather with guests and play yard games.
- Water elements go a long way in a backyard escape. Water flowing from a fountain and musical tones from a wind chime can add a layer of serenity to the environment.
- Clean lines and a variety of different textures form a trendy retreat for guests. Extra privacy is designed with lush plants, shrubs and trees.
DirectBuy members: Save big on all the touches for your backyard retreat, from outdoor area rugs to damp-rated lighting and fans, during our Celebrate the Outdoors event April 28-May 2. Shop Now
Not a member yet? Get started here.